Module: Master Thesis
Professoren der TUHH
According to General Regulations §24 (1):
At least 78 credit points have to be achieved in study programme. The examinations board decides on exceptions.
- The students can use specialized knowledge (facts, theories, and methods) of their subject competently on specialized issues.
- The students can explain in depth the relevant approaches and terminologies in one or more areas of their subject, describing current developments and taking up a critical position on them.
- The students can place a research task in their subject area in its context and describe and critically assess the state of research.
The students are able:
- To select, apply and, if necessary, develop further methods that are suitable for solving the specialized problem in question.
- To apply knowledge they have acquired and methods they have learnt in the course of their studies to complex and/or incompletely defined problems in a solution-oriented way.
- To develop new scientific findings in their subject area and subject them to a critical assessment.
- Both in writing and orally outline a scientific issue for an expert audience accurately, understandably and in a structured way.
- Deal with issues competently in an expert discussion and answer them in a manner that is appropriate to the addressees while upholding their own assessments and viewpoints convincingly.
Students are able:
- To structure a project of their own in work packages and to work them off accordingly.
- To work their way in depth into a largely unknown subject and to access the information required for them to do so.
- To apply the techniques of scientific work comprehensively in research of their own.
ECTS-Credit Points Module: