|Design with fibre-polymer-composites||Lecture||2||Summer Semester|
|Structure and properties of fibre-polymer-composites||Lecture||2||Summer Semester|
Prof. Bodo Fiedler
Recommended Previous Knowledge:
Basics: chemistry / physics / materials science
Students can use the knowledge of fiber-reinforced composites (FRP) and its constituents to play (fiber / matrix) and define the necessary testing and analysis.
They can explain the complex relationships structure-property relationship and
the interactions of chemical structure of the polymers, their processing with the different fiber types, including to explain neighboring contexts (e.g. sustainability, environmental protection).
Students are capable of
- using standardized calculation methods in a given context to mechanical properties (modulus, strength) to calculate and evaluate the different materials.
- approximate sizing using the network theory of the structural elements implement and evaluate.
- selecting appropriate solutions for mechanical recycling problems and sizing example stiffness, corrosion resistance.
- arrive at funded work results in heterogenius groups and document them.
- provide appropriate feedback and handle feedback on their own performance constructively.
Students are able to
- assess their own strengths and weaknesses.
- assess their own state of learning in specific terms and to define further work steps on this basis.
- assess possible consequences of their professional activity.
ECTS-Credit Points Module:
Workload in Hours:
Independent Study Time: 124, Study Time in Lecture: 56
Course: Design with fibre-polymer-composites (Lecture)
Designing with Composites: Laminate Theory; Failure Criteria; Design of Pipes and Shafts; Sandwich Structures; Notches; Joining Techniques; Compression Loading; Examples
Konstruieren mit Kunststoffen, Gunter Erhard , Hanser Verlag
Course: Structure and properties of fibre-polymer-composites (Lecture)
- Microstructure and properties of the matrix and reinforcing
materials and their interaction
- Development of composite materials
- Mechanical and physical properties
- Mechanics of Composite Materials
- Laminate theory
- Test methods
- Non destructive testing
- Failure mechanisms
- Theoretical models for the prediction of properties
Hall, Clyne: Introduction to Composite materials, Cambridge
Daniel, Ishai: Engineering Mechanics of Composites Materials, Oxford University Press
Mallick: Fibre-Reinforced Composites, Marcel Deckker, New York