Commented University Calendar
Electrical Installation on Ships
Prof. GŁnter Ackermann
2 hours Lecture, 1 hour Exercise
Recommended Previous Knowledge:
Electrical engineering: Electrical circuits for DC, AC and 3-phase current
mechanical engineering: Characteristics of usual consumers like pumps and fans
Recommended: Knowledge of the basics of electrical machines (AC)
- performance in service of electrical consumers.
- special requirements for power supply systems and for electrical equipment in isolated systems/networks e. g. aboard ships, offshore installations, factory systems and emergency power supply systems.
- power generation and distribution in isolated networks, shaft generators for ships
- calculation of short circuits and behaviour of switching devices
- protective devices, selectivity monitoring
- electrical Propulsion plants for ships
Knowledge: Criteria for the design of power networks on ships, generators ans consumers; Control of the power generation, protective devices
Competence of Systems: The electrical plant in the context of the complete ship and +an economic and environmental criteria
H. Meier-Peter, F. Bernhardt u. a.: Handbuch der Schiffsbetriebstechnik, Seehafen Verlag
Gleß, Thamm: Schiffselektrotechnik, VEB Verlag Technik Berlin
120 hours total
Credit points of this module can be found in the course plan for the corresponding course of study.